New Mexico State University - Doña Ana Community College is independently accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411
Telephone: (800) 621-7440 / (312) 263-7462
Fax: (312) 263-7462
Web site: http://www.ncahlc.org
The HLC Accreditation Steering Committee provides additional resources.
Accrediting agencies for specific DACC programs
- American Dental Association - Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- American Welding Society
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Joint Review Commission for Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- National Automobile Technician Excellence Foundation (ASC certification)
Governance & Funding
As a branch of New Mexico State University, the community college is governed by the Boards of Regents of the the university through an operating agreement between the university and the three school districts in Doña Ana County. The community college Advisory Board, comprised of representatives of the three school boards, approves the budget, initiates mill levy and bond issue elections, and advises the college on program needs. The Board of Regents sets tuition and personnel policies , determines curricula and degrees, and handles all records, funds, receipts, and disbursements for the community college.
Operating expenses for the community college are paid from state-appropriated funds, a property tax within the three school districts in the county, federal vocational education funds, special grants, and tuition paid by students.