DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY
- HOBET requirement
- Program Orientation
- Application Deadline!! May 15th
- Personal Health Insurance Requirement
- Additonal points towards your application can be earned for:
- BIOL 227 Pathophysiology (with Lab)
- STAT 251
- PHYS 211 (certificate students only)
For additional information contact the program director at email@example.com or (575)528-7047
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound) is a medical imaging field that utilizes sound waves to obtain information and produce images of internal structures/functions of the body. The program is approximately 17 months in legnth and is designed to provide students with the academic coursework and clinical internship experience necessary to apply for national certification examinations in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. There are 2 ways to qualify for this program; depending on your educational background:
- Certificate Track for those applicants who have either a 2-year allied health degree (such as radiologic technology or nursing) OR a bachelor's degree in a medically-related science (see prerequisite and admission requirements for specific content).
- Associate Degree Track for those applicants whose background does not qualify them for the certificate track. This requires students to complete a minimum of 11 pre-requisite courses (see prerequisite and admission requirements for specific content).
The prerequisite courses must be completed by the time of application to the program and the student must have maintained at least a 3.0 overall college GPA with no more than one "C" in the prerequisite courses. This program is a full time program and all sonography core courses relate to each other and are only offered once during the program and therefore cannot be taken out of sequence. Students must maintain a grade of “C” in all sonography core coursework and clinical internships to remain in the program. Students must take and pass "End of Program Mock Registry Examinations" in order to graduate regardless of their academic standing in the program. Completion of the entire program is required for a student to be eligible to apply for the national registry examinations through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
All students will be required to have personal health insurance to attend clinicals.
Application Deadline: MAY 15TH