Assessment of Student Learning
DACC Philosophy of General Education
DACC values creative, flexible thinking and the ability to appreciate and respect diverse viewpoints. General Education at DACC provides a broad foundation of knowledge, preparing students for an ever-changing global society. Students in career-technical fields and those transferring to four-year institutions learn and develop skills that transcend disciplines. Students will be able to:
- communicate effectively
- identify ethical behavior
- apply numerical information appropriately
- problem solve effectively
- demonstrate appropriate technical skills
- Please send in assessment reports to Susan Wood for assessment projects conducted during the
2009/2010 academic year -- if you haven’t already -- and they will be posted to your program's assessment webpage. Check to see if your program has an assessment plan posted for the 2010/2011 academic year.
- There will be two Assessment Teas during the
Fall 20010 semester. The first is scheduled for Friday Oct. 1, at
10:00 a.m. at Central Campus in room DAHL 293 . The second
is scheduled for Thursday Nov. 11 at 3:30 p.m. at the East Mesa
Campus in room DAEM 222.
We look forward to seeing you there.
- If you need help with your assessment goal, please contact Susan Wood at 527-7711.