What is Early Admission?
The DACC Early Admission Program (EA) is designed to allow High School Juniors/Seniors, Home School students and Adult Basic Education (ABE) students an opportunity to take college level courses concurrently with their high school or ABE courses. Unlike the Dual Credit Program, the EA Program is financed by the student and is not part of a structured curriculum for transition to regular college admissions. In addition, all students under the EA program are admitted in a non-degree status. This program not only allows students to gain college credit but also a college experience in the classroom, interaction with DACC student life and a chance to eventually become part of the DACC student body after graduation or completion of the ABE program.
- Be a current High School Junior/Senior or a currently enrolled ABE student at DACC
- Have a high school cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or have TABE scores of 580 or above on every section (math, reading & writing) for ABE students
- ACT/SAT test scores or COMPASS Assessment results must show placement into college level Intermediate Algebra (MATH 120) and Rhetoric and Composition (ENGL 111G)
Follow these procedures when applying for early admission at Doña Ana Community College:
1. Complete the undergraduate admission application ONLINE. You will be directed to New Mexico State University's application website. Please create a PIN# and Password to gain access. Be sure to choose "Doña Ana" in the section "Campus Where You Plan To Enroll." Submitting your online application is a one-time option and you will not be able to resubmit it for any future terms of enrollment. If you prefer to download and print your application in PDF format, click HERE.
2. Submit a $20 Nonrefundable Application Fee
3. Submit your high school transcripts or provide your TABE scores if you are an ABE student.
4. Make arrangements to take the COMPASS Assessment by contacting Testing Services at 575.527.7569 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. There is not cost for the first assessment and COMPASS study guides are available HERE. If you wish to request your ACT (2651) or SAT (6296) scores to be sent to DACC Admissions, please access their website ACT or SAT.
5. Written permission from High School Guidance Counselor/Principal or Home School Instructor or written permission from the ABE Executive Director or Director.
Enrollment, Costs and Important Information
- Students enrolled in Early Admission status are subject to all DACC academic regulations found in the DACC Catalog.
- Students admitted under this program are only limited to (7) credit hours per semester and may choose from 100 and 200 undergraduate level courses.
- Students incur all costs associated with enrollment, including books.
- Students are considered 'non-degree' and are ineligible to receive federal financial aid funds. For more information regarding non-degree status, please refer to the section in the DACC Catalog titled, "Non-degree Admission."
- Developmental courses are not available for enrollment, including ENGL 111G (Rhetoric & Composition).
- NMSU Las Cruces campus courses and online courses are not allowed under this program.
- Students must be in good academic standing and earn a letter grade to continue on this program.
- Students who wish to enroll at DACC or NMSU upon graduation from high school or obtaining a GED must reapply under their new admission status.
- Students are eligible to receive an NMSU issued student ID Card by contacting the NMSU ID Card Services, 575.646.4835, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NMSU Parking Permits are allowed for EA students and can be purchased by contacting the NMSU Parking Office, 575.646.1839, email@example.com.
Office of Admissions
Doña Ana Community College
MSC - 3DA, PO Box 30001
2800 N Sonoma Ranch Blvd
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Toll Free: 1.800.903.7503